Oxford Mermaid Electric Bath Hoist
The Oxford Mermaid Electric Bath Hoist is a bath hoist with an unrivalled reputation for quality, reliability and durability, used extensively throughout the NHS and healthcare sectors.
Manufactured by Joerns Healthcare, market leaders in hoist production, the Oxford Mermaid is an incredibly strong hoist with a relatively simple design, guaranteeing the user very many years of reliability and trouble free use.
This listing is for the Side Fit model of the Oxford Mermaid Electric Bath Hoist which has an electrically operated lifting action and is specifically designed to be fitted at the side of the bath. You'll find the full range of Oxford Mermaid Bath Hoists including manually operated versions and Mermaids designed specifically to be fitted at the end of a bath, in this area of our shop.
This side fitting Oxford Mermaid Electric Bath Hoist is the perfect hoist for performing safe, controlled and trouble free user transfers to and from the bath. Its strong, simple design and easy to operate handset allows the carer to safely manoeuvre the user in and out of the bath in a controlled way, using the controls on the handset to gently raise and lower the user. The hoists clever design and ease of use helps to reduce the risk of accidents occurring during transfers, safe guarding both users and carers alike from the risk of injury.
The Oxford Mermaid Bath Hoist can be fitted on a wooden, concrete or tiled floor and is securely fixed to the floor using the special heavy duty fixings supplied with it. This provides a solid base for the seat and arm, which enable transfers that are safe for both the user and the carer. The arm has a failsafe locking device and the seat has a lap belt and an automatic locking mechanism so the user is kept safe from slips and falls both during the transfer and whilst in the bath.
- One Oxford Mermaid Electric Bath Hoist - Side Fit
- High quality well designed electric bath hoist
- Unrivalled reputation for reliability and durability
- Easy to use handset minimises risk of carer injuries
- Perfect hoist for safe, controlled user transfers
- Ergonomically shaped plastic seat for users
- Supply only
- Maximum height to base of seat: 740mm (29")
- Minimum height to base of seat: 140mm (5")
- Maximum seat travel: 485mm (19'')
- Maximum seat width: 450mm (17'')
- Maximum seat depth: 410mm (16")
- Maximum width between arms: 395mm (15.5")
- Maximum seat turning radius: 850mm (33.5")
- Clearance required for transfer: 1 metre (39'')
- Total weight of hoist: 37 kgs (81.5 lbs)
- Maximum user weight: 127 kgs (20 st)