The stepped heel on this Extra Large sized Darco HeelWedge encourages the user to move his or her weight towards the front and middle of the foot when walking.
This has been shown to alleviate pressure on the heel by 26% or more. This facilitates faster healing in individuals who have recently undergone surgery or experienced trauma or ulceration at the rear of the foot.
Suitable for use on either the right or left foot, the HeelWedge is fitted with a secure ankle strap and a removable fore-foot section, both of which are free from buckles and help to prevent slippage and undue friction. The shoe is compatible with the Darco Peg Assist Insole but it is supplied with a standard, removable insole which is very comfortably padded and customisable to suit the user.
- One Darco OrthoWedge - Extra Large
- Fits sizes: 10.5 - 12.5
- Removable insole
- Compatible with Darco Peg Assist Insole
- Removable forefoot closure
- No pressure or discomfort due to buckles
- High-grip sole for safety
- Square toe acts as safety bumper