Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion
The Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion is a compact, portable, battery powered emergency lifting cushion that has been specifically designed to assist a user safely back to their feet after a fall.
The Elk Lifting Cushion is totally portable and is supplied with its own battery powered compressor, meaning that it can literally be used anywhere, indoors or outdoors, and making it particularly effective in small rooms or tight spaces where other lifting equipment cannot be used.
Simple to use and designed to be used with the help of a carer, the person that has fallen is gently rolled onto the lifting cushion and helped to a sitting position. The Elk is then gradually inflated whilst the carer stands behind them, supporting them until they are in a high enough raised position to stand. Use of the Elk minimises the risks of accidents or injuries for both the carer and the user, risks that can be particularly high when assisting a heavier user.
The Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion is used and recommended by most UK NHS Ambulance Trusts as a key piece of emergency equipment.
- One Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion
- Fully portable emergency lifting system
- Easily operated by just one carer
- Reduces the risks of lifting for carers
- Reduces the risk of injury to the user
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Ideal for use in small rooms and tight spaces
- Supplied with rechargeable battery powered compressor
- Folds into compact size when not in use for convenient storage
- Cushion height inflated: 565mm (22")
- Cushion width inflated: 570mm (22.5")
- Cushion depth inflated: 500mm (20")
- Deflated size: 620mm x 260mm x 115mm (24.5" x 10" x 4.5")
- Cushion weight: 3.6 kgs (8 lbs)
- Compressor weight: 4.6 kgs (10 lbs)
- Maximum user weight: 450 kgs (70 st)