Voice Alert Monitor
Designed to protect vulnerable people who may be prone to wandering, the Voice Alert Monitor comprises an alarm unit and a length of cord that clips to the user's clothing.
The other end terminates at a magnetic connector piece, which, if it is pulled away, activates the alarm. This might happen if, for example, the user falls out of his or her bed or chair or walks away unassisted. The alarm unit has four alternative sounds, plus the facility to play up to twenty seconds of a voice recording, which can be specially customised for the user - e.g. by featuring the voice of a familiar carer or family member, who might ask the user to return to the safety of their room.
The monitor comes with a special mounting bracket and will attach to a chair, wheelchair or headboard, or it can be used as a free-standing unit.
Note that the Voice Alert Monitor can also be used as part of a fall prevention and alert system when used in tandem with a Voice Alert Sensor Mat. It can also be used with the Door Banner to help prevent wandering.
- One Voice Alert Monitor
- Option of loud and soft volume settings
- Reduces the risks associated with wandering
- Requires 4 x AA batteries (not included)
- Features a flashing alarm and battery check light
- Magnet should not be placed within 150mm (6") of someone with an implanted device
- 150 x 88 x 52mm (6 x 3.5 x 2 inches)