Parafricta Velcro-Closure Bootee
The medium bootees fit UK shoe sizes 7 - 9.5.
The longest toe to heel length they will fit is 26-28cm and they have a maximum ankle circumference of 26cm.
The Parafricta Velcro-Closure Bootees protect against pressure sores (also known as pressure ulcers or bedsores) caused by friction and the associated shear. This can particularly affect the heel area, for example red, sore or blistered heels as a result of rubbing or dragging on the bed. The bootees also provide non-stop protection to the other most vulnerable areas of the foot and ankle.
The bootees are made from the special Parafricta low-friction fabric that is clinically proven to help relieve the damaging effects of friction and shear on the skin. They have a non-slip sole to provide grip when getting out of the chair or bed and has a ventilation area for maximum comfort.
The Velcro opening makes the bootees much easier to put on over swollen feet, ankle, and bulky dressings. They can also help stop wound dressings on the foot from being lost due to “rucking-up”.
The bootees are washable at 60°c on a synthetic cycle meaning they can be reused again and again.
There are a range of sizes available, please select a size based on the measurement from heel to big toe.
Clinical studies have shown the effectiveness of Parafricta bootees. They are registered class I medical devices.
- Includes two Parafricta Velcro-Closure Bootees
- Size: M
- Longest Toe to Heel Length: 26 - 28cm
- Approximate UK Shoe Size Range: 7 - 9½
- Maximum Ankle Circumference: 26cm
- Protects against pressure sores (bedsores) and red, sore or blistered heels
- Gives non-stop protection to the other vulnerable areas of the foot and ankle
- Prevents wound dressings on the foot from being lost
- They are lightweight and have a non-slip sole
- The Velcro opening makes them easier to place over swollen feet, ankles and bulky dressings