Home Living Consultation
Get professional, bespoke expert advice and support on changes and minor adaptations you can make in the home to help keep you or your loved one independent and at home for longer. With our in-depth virtual assessment, you will get a video call with a qualified Occupational Therapist (registered with the Health and Care Professions Council) who will:
- Discuss your or your loved one’s current physical abilities and challenges you/they have in getting around and performing daily tasks
- Work with you/them to understand what your/their goals are and how these can be achieved
- Evaluate the environment to assess any minor adaptations to the home or different solutions to support your healthcare plan
Following the assessment, you’ll receive a written report from the Occupational Therapist. This will include their recommendations for any changes that can be made and advice on what products could help to make life that little bit easier. This assessment can be used to help influence a wider care plan for your loved one.
Our Occupational Therapist will work with you or your loved one to offer their expert advice and guidance to give peace of mind and help make day-to-day life easier.
You can book an assessment for yourself or a loved one, but please make sure you have their consent to have an assessment before booking.
In order to have a virtual assessment you must have a portable device capable of video calls e.g. a smartphone, tablet or laptop. As this is a virtual assessment, this can be a 3 way call with the carer or family member, the person and home being assessed, and the Occupational Therapist, making it easier to have someone there if the carer or family member can't be present at the home being assessed.
After purchasing your assessment, one of our dedicated team will be in touch to book your appointment.
You can find out more about the Virtual Assessment Service here with answers to our most frequently asked questions.
- Virtual (online) assessment
- Video calls available by WhatsApp, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and more
- VAT exemption can be claimed at checkout
- Assesses physical capabilities only
- Does not include moving and handling plans
- Available for those aged 18+
- Appointments available Mon-Fri
- Performed by a HCPC-registered Occupational Therapist